Oh my gosh thank you so much Suze for nominating me, I really appreciate it!
The rules for this award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Attach the award to the post.
- Give a brief story on how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you nominated them and provide a link to the award post you created.
How my blog got started:
So, some of you may not know that I started off as British Blogger Abroad i.e. a travel blog as I had planned to go to Madrid for 3 months to be an Au Pair for a Spanish family. And i did end up going to Madrid for about a week and it was a nightmare. So I came back to England and I had this “travel” blog all set up with about 5 blogpsts about travel with tips and tricks about how to become an Au Pair, that kind of thing. So then I enrolled in all the courses in Blogging University which basically saved my life because I had no purpose to my blog after I came back to England. And I couldn’t be more grateful to all my followers who have supported me and liked and commented, you people are the best ❤
Advice for new bloggers:
- Have a purpose to your blog because people won’t stick around if your blog posts are wishy-washy and all over the place – but write about what makes you happy, and what you know about. Be consistent.
- Make your theme accessible – make sure it can be read on a computer, tablet and phone – you want people to read your blog on the bus whilst on their phone? Done. Or at the pool on their tablet because they can’t access a laptop? Done.
- Butterfly Mind
- Stripped Down
- Confessions of a 20-something
- Heartstring Eulogies
- A Reading Writer
- Random City People
- Media Psychology
- Shoot New York City
- Fruitful Dark
- Imagine This
- Writer’s SecretsWriter’s Secrets
- Chill Out Keep Calm and Breathe
- Doodles and Scribbles